Big Reuse is primarily a supplier of construction-related materials but we consider material donations of all varieties depending on our current inventory and the condition and volume of the donation. If you are unsure whether your donation can be accepted, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to let you know.
Please consult nyc.gov/donate for other organizations who accept these materials.
Items we cannot accept
- Broken, damaged, or incomplete material
- Scrap wood: less than 4’ dimensional lumber- Denailed, & less than 4’ x 4’ Sheet Goods
- Bedroom furniture sets, nor any bed-related materials: frames, headboards, mattresses, box springs, bed linens, wardrobes, nightstands, California Closets, etc.
- Built-in bathtubs, nor Jacuzzi tubs
- Recessed lights/high hats, recessed commercial lighting
- Used carpet or rugs
- Oil-based paint, stains, or varnishes
- Electronics: TVs, radios, stereos, DVD players, etc.
- Exercise equipment
- Musical instruments
- Upholstered furniture: unless brand new, or very lightly used from movie/TV/photo shoots, events, and staged furniture
- China Cabinets
- Dining Room Sets
- Entertainment systems
Items accepted for drop-off only
- Pavers: palletized preferred
- Brick: palletized prefered
- Glass: must be packaged for safe handling
- Theatrical set materials (flats, jacks, etc)