The NYC Compost Project hosted by Big Reuse is part of a community-scale composting network that works to rebuild our soils by providing New Yorkers with the knowledge, skills, and opportunities they need to produce and use compost locally.
Questions about compost? Email [email protected]
Help reduce landfill waste and methane emissions by bringing your food scraps to one of 14 drop-off sites.
Manuals, explainers, and tips from the NYC Compost Project on how you can make and use compost at home. It's easier (and less messy) than you think!
- What can I compost?
- How do I store food scraps and transport them to drop-off sites?
- Can I drop off yard waste?
- Where else in NYC can I drop-off food scraps?
- Are there informational videos that I can watch about organics recycling in NYC?
- How have your drop-offs grown through time?
Our Partners In The Compost Project